Your late for a date, running vigorously, and fair
realized that you are hungry and that you haven’t had lunch. You look
around and the only place you can find quickly is
McDonalds. What do you do?
Your mind says no, it’s not healthy food. Your stomach says yes
it’s time to eat. It’s either going without food or grabbing something quickly from McDonalds. What about all the negative exposure regarding McDonalds nutrition facts?
You make the decision to grab something so your mind is clear
for your big date. Now what? Burgers, McNuggets, French fries, shakes and salads all confuse you as the best nutritional choice.
After reviewing the current McDonalds nutritional information, I have
decided to make it easier for the consumer to make smart
choices by listing my McDonald’s “Best Pick Awards”. Remember, you have a choice. Mickey D’s has attempted to offer healthier alternatives to choose from. It is your responsibility to make this smart choice.
My biggest concern when analyzing nutritional information from McDonalds was the amount of saturated fat clogging the arteries found in each article. I also paid close attention to the amount of calories found in each item.
Please note that there are healthier items found on their
menu than in the past, but overall not like eating brown rice and steamed vegetables. I list all the foods below in the “not too bad” category.
Here is my list of McDonalds “best pick prices”.
The choice is yours!
1. Classic Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich 2g Saturated Fat / 420 Calories
2. Chicken McNugget (4 pieces) 2 g saturated fat / 170 calories
3. Fruit and nut salad 2 g saturated fat / 310 calories
4. Caesar salad (without chicken) 2.5 g of saturated fat / 90 calories ** Watch out for the saturated fat in the dressing. The best dressing available is Newman’s Own Cobb Dressing.
5. Grilled Chicken Caesar 3g Saturated Fat / 220 Calories
6. Chicken McNuggets (6 pieces) 3 g saturated fat / 250 calories
7. Premium Spicy Chicken Sandwich 3g Saturated Fat / 510 Calories
8. Premium Crispy Chicken Classic Sandwich 3 g Saturated Fat / 500 cal.
9. McChicken 3.5g Saturated Fat / 370 Calories
10. Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips (3 pieces) 3.5 sat. / 140 cal.
11. Ranch Bacon salad without chicken 3.5 sat. / 180 cal.
12. Hamburger 3.5 g sat. / 260 cal.
13. Premium Grilled Chicken Ranch Sandwich 4 g sat. / 490 cal.
14. Fish Fillet 4 g sat. / 400 cal.
15. The best dessert is fruit and yogurt.
For a complete list of all McDonalds nutritional information for
all its menu, visit http://www.WellnessWord.com/blog
Choose the lowest calorie foods and the lowest
saturated fat. Beware of extras such as high calorie content, sugar
loaded soft drinks and copious amounts of dressing.
Now you can make healthy healthy choices and not feel guilty if you
decide to grab something quickly from McDonalds. Mcdonalds
the nutrition is not that bad. The choice is yours!
*** Attention Ezine Publishers / Website Owners ***
Please feel free to reprint this entire article in your ezine, blog, autoresponder, or website as long as the links and resource box are not altered in any way.
Jim O’Connor – Exercise Physiologist / The Fitness Promoter
Copyright (c) – Word Wellness, LLC
9461 boul. Charleville # 312
Beverly Hills, CA 90212