Are you getting “Driver Not Installed” errors when trying to print after updating to Windows 7 while your printer was working fine while you had Windows Vista? The cause of this problem is that your drivers are outdated and it is easily fixed by downloading and installing the latest printer drivers. In this article, we’ll explain these drivers and then walk you through the process of downloading and installing new ones.
Printer Drivers 101
Windows needs a specific type of software to communicate with your printer; this software is your drivers. Without the coupons, Windows cannot talk to your printer. Sometimes when you have a lot of updates or have upgraded to a newer version of Windows, you might need to upgrade to a newer version of the printer drivers for your printer. printer is working properly.
How to download and install the latest printer drivers
The first thing to do is to take a good look at your printer and note the make and model of the printer. Some printer manufacturers: Canon, HP, Lexmark, Epson and Samsung. Example models: HP Deskjet D2660, Canon Pixma MP560 and Lexmark Interact S605. The make and model will be on the printer somewhere.
1. Once you have the make and model, do a web search and find the manufacturer’s web page.
2. On the manufacturer’s web page, you have to choose where to go. For example, on the Canon site, you will need to choose “Consumer and Home Office”, while on the Epson site, you will choose “Printers and All-in-One”.
3. From here you should see a Drivers & Support menu option or similar menu option, click on the menu and choose your option.
4. You will now choose your model. Is your printer an all-in-one? A laser printer? These are all things you may need to know, as these are ways that manufacturers can classify their printers.
5. Once you’ve located your driver, you’ll want to save it to a location you can remember. Before clicking save, also take a look at the file type. Does it end in exe?
6. If the file you saved is an exe file, just double click on the file and it will be updated with the latest printer drivers. If the file ends with something else, you still have several steps to go.
7. Go to Start.
8. Choose Control Panel.
9. Peripherals and printer.
10. Right click on the printer and open the properties.
11. Select the hardware tab.
12. Click the Properties button.
13. Click the Advanced tab.
14. Click New Driver.
15. Follow the steps in the Add Printer Driver Wizard.
An easier way to update to the latest printer drivers
Technology is always finding ways to make our lives easier. Today we have software that will go through the process of finding, downloading and installing the latest printer drivers for us. Either way, it’s a good idea to learn the safest and most efficient ways to update your computer.