You might not have thought about grilling beef on a panini maker, but it can be done. With proper technique, you can prepare a delicious and juicy steak. The best part is that panini grills drain away excess fat. It takes 4 to 10 minutes to cook depending on the thickness of the stake. Grilling beef on a Panini press is therefore healthy, delicious and quick. What could be better than that. Here’s a recipe you might want to try.
Grilled Sirloin Steak
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon of coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1 cup extra virgin oil
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
4 top sirloin steaks, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
1. Place the steaks in a non-reactive roasting pan.
2. Put the salt and garlic in a bowl and mix. Add the red wine vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk until all the salt dissolves. Slowly add the olive oil, oregano and pepper.
3. Pour half the marinade over the meat and turn it over to coat both sides. Save the rest of the marinade for basting and serving. Let the steaks marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Drain the steaks well. Preheat the grill to high heat. Place the drip pan under the front of the grill. Lightly oil the surface of the grill surface. Place the steak on the grill and close the lid. The steak will be cooked for 6 to 10 minutes.
5. While grilling the steak, baste it with some of the remaining marinade. Flip the steak to brush both sides with the marinade.
6. Place the steak on a plate and top with the remaining marinade and serve hot.
This recipe gives you an idea of how to grill beef on a panini press, the rest is up to you. You can use your imagination to create your own marinades and sauces to dress up your grilled steak. Enjoy!
You might be surprised to find that your Panini machine can do a lot more than just make Panini sandwiches. It can grill fish and chicken and with the right technique they are juicy and delicious. You can even grill your vegetables and they also come out really well. The best part is that cleaning is easy. All you usually need to do is wipe down the grill surface with a drain towel. Just be sure to do this before the grill cools down.