Every scientist and expert in public health declares that it is essential to take into account, understand and monitor the SCIENCE, and gather, apply and correctly use all the relevant data, in order to make the wisest decisions, in terms of strategic planning and action! Despite the fact, President Donald Trump claims to be a stable genius and, apparently, in almost every area of government, from the military to financial markets to handling this horrific pandemic, is against the outlook, and opinions, experts, even those he has appointed, especially when they seem to disagree / oppose, his personal / political agenda and / or his personal interest. When he constantly downplays the dangers of this virus, refuses to wear a mask and / or encourages social distancing and continues to boast about the quality of his performance, this presents a clear and present danger to safety. , well-being and health of the public. With that in mind, this article will attempt, briefly, to consider, examine, review and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what it means and stands for, and why it is important.
1. System; serves; solutions; strengths: If it seems to you that we still haven’t seen evidence of a national system etc. to deal with this pandemic, and flatten the curve! We must listen to the experts and guarantee our policies, meet our common needs and create viable solutions, using our strengths, addressing weaknesses and trying to minimize unnecessary risks and exposures!
2. Count the numbers; to coordinate; create; control: How will we improve the situation and control the overall risks and harms, unless / until we step up our efforts and testing to accurately count the numbers and understand our progress etc? Instead, President Trump blames tests on the appearance of more risk, blaming his political opponents, for attempting to perpetuate political fraud. He said the only reason we’re seeing more cases is because we’re doing so many tests, although in New York State, which does more testing per capita than anywhere in the world, has seen a rate positive less than 1%. We need the person, who holds the highest office, in our country, to coordinate the efforts of the experts / scientists, to create, a concerted effort, to make us safer!
3. Integrity; ideas; problems: When you change the narrative, for their own reasons, the audience does not receive someone’s government, with the necessary degree of absolute integrity! We need someone who learns everything, he can, about the problems and follows expert advisers, instead of systematically creating doubts! The public benefits when quality ideas come first!
4. Excellency; efforts; experts: When we listen to the experts, our efforts are more likely to focus on excellence, service, and public welfare!
5. Needs; nuances: Public health policies must be needs-centered, and address the specific nuances of the particular challenge, to make things better!
6. Characteristics: Tackling a pandemic is a challenge, even for experts, but when our president follows his personal characteristics and opinions, instead of those based on fact, the public loses!
seven. Improvements; enrich; exact: Don’t we need, and don’t we deserve, a better, more accurate approach to seeking solutions that, simply, what an individual is, believes, or expresses for some other reason? Experts are up to date with the latest improvements, are able to put things in perspective, use common sense, and focus on the best path, to enrich us all!
Nearly 7 million Americans have been discovered, and over 200,000 deaths, have occurred from this deadly virus! How many more must have their lives, changed (for the worse) or die before we seek expert advice and smarter leadership?