Researching fashions and fashion trends involves more than just reading a few blog or magazine articles on the subject. Generally, you can find a wide variety of excellent books on the subject of men’s clothing fashion by searching on Amazon.com. In fact, you will find 13,218 results for “menswear”.
Although we are tailors and not literary critics, we are well read in our field. We list the following fashion books as one of the top 5 sellers and we believe they are a must have for the novice who wants to learn more about menswear.
1) Details Men’s Style Manual: The Ultimate Guide to Making Your Clothes Work for You by Daniel Peres – this is one of the most sophisticated guides to creating the perfect wardrobe for men. The post offers you head-to-toe dressing tips, especially when it comes to choosing the right fit, classic look and the latest style. No ‘disguise’ situation is left untouched, whether it’s the big board meeting or a casual weekend night out dancing and dining. It’s a must read for men who want to catch up in the fashion industry and afford a better look.
2) The Men’s Fashion Reader by Peter McNeil and Vicki Karaminas – the book covers the culture, history and identity of men’s fashion and provides much-needed information on problem-solving methods, research and development. different style trends, and related case studies. Other themes such as fashion history, media, subcultures and fashion theories are also discussed. Additionally, each section ends in annotated fashion with recommendations for further related reading.
3) Men’s Style: The Thinking Man’s Dress Guide by Russell Smith – this witty but informative guide to men’s fashion provides excellent illustrations and suggestions for men’s attire. Topics like buying dress watches, selecting tweed clothing, and tucking in your shirt are covered in this great fashion guide. It’s the perfect guide for stylish men as well as the ultimate cultural survey on men’s fashion trends.
4) Turn of the Century Menswear Illustrations (Dover Pictorial Archive Series) by Jon. J. Mitchell Co. and Jean L. Druesedow – a little history of clothing styles from the early 1900s. The book also covers accessories such as canes, gloves, gaiters. Whether it’s plaid and striped business suits, elegant evening wear, fur-trimmed trench coats or sporty jackets and panties, you are likely to find content about it in this book. .
5) Menswear: John Peacock’s Complete Guide – Fashion styles and trends are documented by this former BBC designer. If you consider yourself a little trendy, this book is for you. Everything about men’s clothing styles and fashion trends from the French Revolution to the present day are detailed in this book. Descriptive content, illustrations and images are also used in this historical documentary.