We are in the middle of a health emergency / crisis, unlike any of our recent memories! It often seems that our public leaders seem to pay insufficient attention to the lessons they should have learned from history, and, the current pandemic, may indicate, to a greater extent than we have been. witnesses before! Recent reports claim that the United States government was aware of a potential pandemic long before the public heard of the first reports on China and, until very recently, President Trump proclaimed it did not There was no crisis, but rather a political hoax, by his opponents / enemies. Although he learned of the epidemic at the end of last year and the World Health Organization (WHO) offered him test kits, in January 2020 he refused them, and the crucial moment, which could have been used, to be better prepared, when the Coronavirus appeared in our country, wasted and, therefore, put our citizens at greater risk, etc. With that in mind, this article will attempt, briefly, to examine, examine, review, and discuss 5 ways this pandemic has been mismanaged, and how it has made a potential and significant difference, both in the severity and duration of this crisis.
1. Acting too slowly: For various reasons, including the disbandment of its expert committee of advisers (Pandemic Committee) and continuing to deny the existence of it, precious time was wasted and wasted, which should have been used to be much better prepared! While no one has been able to prevent this crisis, perhaps President Trump should be held, at least partially responsible, for the level of unpreparedness we are now witnessing! Any of our recent presidents, in my opinion, would have been in a better position, as none of them continually denied science and scientific experts, and proclaimed that they had more knowledge! Arrogance and ignorance / stupidity is a horrible combination, especially for a leader!
2. Confusing, misguided messaging: Especially, in times of crisis (real and / or perceived), citizens must have confidence in their leader, and a belief, he has their best interests in mind, instead of any personal / political agenda, and their personal interest ! When this president, systematically, articulates contradictory messages, and has done so, according to political facts – the auditors, since he was elected, and so many others (with scientific backgrounds), have set a tone less optimistic, many were confused or failed. take the danger (potential and real) seriously!
3. Do politics: Mr. Trump has, systematically, fight against, anyone who disagrees with him or in any way opposes his point of view! In the advanced, to this crisis, rather than taking charge and bringing people together, for the greater good, he played, politics – as usual!
4. Trump’s ego: Whether President Trump is driven by his ego or so insecure, he needs constant praise, his resistance to admitting he doesn’t have all the answers and accepting personal responsibility has wasted good – necessary attention and time to prepare properly!
5. Put money / economy / stock market ahead of public health: The emphasis and emphasis placed by this president, whether, in relation to foreign relations (especially with our traditional allies), using tariffs to enforce potentially damaging trade policy (thus, for example, not having, in hand, many of the medical supplies, made in China), or equating the stock market with the global economy, it has always seemed to put economic concerns before the public good! However, when a crisis does arise, this policy becomes dangerous, but also misguided and thoughtless!
No individual or nation is responsible for this current pandemic, however, President Trump’s combination of denial, inaccuracies, lack of homework / knowledge, and apparent need to ego – to stroke, made the crisis even worse! Wake up, America, and choose future leaders, smarter!