In each election a variety of circumstances, reasons, rationale / reasoning, personal considerations, biases and, who in fact takes the time and effort, to vote etc. often determines the winner! As of this writing, today America will have its last day to vote and determine the next President of the United States. Will the current occupant of the White House, Donald Trump, be re-elected or will former Vice President Joe Biden become the 46th president of this nation? We should have learned, four years ago, in 2016, when Mr. Trump, surprisingly for many, upset Hillary Clinton, for the office, despite what the polls indicated, that, the only one that matters is the official, which ends on polling day! However, many still focus on the reported polls, perhaps mistakenly believing that they will accurately predict the winner. As many think this may be one of the most important elections everyone remembers, because the two candidates have such different views and perspectives, this article will attempt, briefly, to review, review, revise and discuss, 5 factors to pay attention to, in terms of who might become the ultimate winner etc.
1. Who votes ?: Which Americans will decide to exercise their right to vote, and which will not? In 2016, more potential voters only voted for one or the other candidate! Although it seems, from the early voting onwards we will see a higher turnout than usual, one of the determining factors will probably be which supporters will show up, in larger proportions and numbers? Common sense indicates, certain groups are more likely to support a particular candidate, so this will make a significant difference, etc!
2. Different types of voter suppression: We often hear the term “voter suppression” articulated, but it’s important to understand what it means, its impact, and why it matters. While President Trump appears to want to cast doubt on the integrity of the electoral process, it seems, because he believes that restricting the turnout of his opponents could benefit him, many are alarmed at the degree to which we are witnessing. . Over the past four years, there has been, what appears to be, a concerted effort by Republicans, led by Senate Majority Leader McConnell, to distort the makeup of federal courts, particularly the Court of Justice. call. , and the Supreme Court, to make it, much more conservative. Many believe this has been done to the extreme! In 2018, we attended certain activities, which seemed to indicate it, in particular in Florida, Georgia, etc., where certain eligible voters found it much more difficult to exercise their rights! This year we have noticed, in areas, like Texas etc, where counties, with large Democratic voters, have seen their number of polling stations etc reduced!
3. Good against evil; love versus hate: Some believe it, unlike some previous elections. where the choice was simply the lesser of evils, this year it may be a choice between good and evil, and / or love versus hate. When people are threatened, because of their political beliefs, and this president often seems to allow such haters, the soul of America, now and, in the future, may be at stake!
4. Fears versus hopes: In recent years, political advertising seems to have been much more negative, and many images seem to hope to appeal to fear. prejudices, anxieties, etc.
5. Irregularities: How could Donald Trump react to unwanted results and how could this create tensions and divisions? His early statements often seem to be focused on trying to create doubt, on the legitimacy of votes and, as many expect, more than the usual number of irregularities, etc. Due to the pandemic, more people voted early and / or by absent ballot than in the past! While according to studies for sure etc it seems like Trump thinks it may not benefit him and therefore is trying to create a polarizing atmosphere!
Wake up, America, and vote! Do not apologize and vote, like your life and your nation, depend on it, because the future of this nation and the soul of our country may be in danger!